Hello Everyone! I thought I would share one of my favorite cake decorating books with you! This is simply the best book out there for novice and expert cake decorators! The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating is a comprehensive how-to book about all of the most popular cake decorating techniques, including piped frosting, fondant, and hand modeled figures. For each technique, there is an overview of the tools and materials used and complete instructions with photos! I am a visual person and usually when I look for cake decorating and recipe books, I always look for pictures. This book has step-by-step directions and more than 600 full-color photos! Even in the back of the book, there is a gallery of decorated cakes thats great to flip through for ideas!
Techniques & Ideas Featured:
- Covering a cake with buttercream, ganache, fondant, and even textured buttercream
- Covering a board with foil or fondant
- Painting & coloring on fondant
- Gelatin accents & Isomalt
- Chocolate molding & painting
- Gumpaste flowers
- Hand- modeling animals & people
- Buttercream roses
- Sculpting cakes
- & much more!
We call this the textbook for cake decorating, as it has almost anything you'd like to know about decorating cakes! It even covers a little on candy making! Stop in the shop and see why we are IN LOVE with this book!
Sugar artist Carpenter perfectly explains her book: "If you are a beginning decorator, this book will serve as a step-by-step course in cake decorating. If you are an experienced or professional decorator, this book will quickly become your go-to guide when seeking out new techniques."
Share this post
- 2 comments
- Tags: autumn carpenter, book, cake decorating, Cake Decorating Ideas, cake supplies, christy maries, cupcakes, favorite, figurines, fondant, guide, pa, photos, shrewsbury, the complete photo guide to cake decorating, What's New